1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our site
- “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
2. Information About Us
P H Tyson & Associates, Limited Liability Company (LLC), registered in the State of Maryland, United States of America, owns and operates this site.
Registered address: 1870 Paradise View Court, Lusby, Maryland, 20657 USA
Postal Address: Same as above
Data Protection Officer: Peter Tyson
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: (410) 474-9292
4. What is Personal Data?
“Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you as an individual. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, share, and protect your Personal Information, and the choices you have regarding your Personal Information. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, IP Addresses, and other online identifiers. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement to learn more about privacy.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
b) The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you provide personal data to us directly, we use it with your consent or for the performance of a contract and may process the data with automated means. You can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business.
h) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Job title
- Payment information
- Information about your preferences and interests
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site, and the site you exit to
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
Information You Provide Us Directly. We collect personally identifiable and transactional information (purchase-related history) that you provide us directly, for example, in connection with a purchase, a promotion, or an application for a membership program.
Information We Receive from Other Parties. We may combine the information we receive from you with information we receive from other sources.
Children: Our websites and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed toward children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children.
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
We must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes depending on how you use our site:
- Providing and managing your account
- Providing and managing your access to our site
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on our site
- Supplying our products or services to you (your personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalizing and tailoring our products or services for you
- Communicating with you (this may include responding to emails or calls from you)
- Supplying you with information by email or mail that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or contacting us as shown below in Part 15)
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message, or mail with information, news, and offers on our products or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We may use the following automated systems for carrying out certain kinds of decision-making or profiling. If at any point you wish to query any action that We take on the basis of this or wish to request ‘human intervention’ (i.e. have someone review the action themselves, rather than relying only on the automated method), the GDPR gives you the right to do so. Please contact us to find out more using the details in Part 15.
The following automated decision-making method(s) may be used:
- Traffic analysis and analytics to determine the type of traffic visiting our site. For instance, we may use your IP Address to determine which country you are from, which then becomes generalized data i.e. 10 independent IP Addresses may come from “The US” we can then use this data to determine where most of our traffic comes from and adjust the site to suit our US audience.
- Email staging and grouping. We may use a sequence of emails to guide you through a marketing process, for instance, a welcome email when you sign up, a reminder email for a forgotten password or password change, or a marketing email to follow up on a previous transaction or request.
- Automated profiling examples:
- When you select certain fields within our forms you may select “Mr or Mrs” profiling may occur here to determine your gender so we best select products or Services to best serve you
- When you select the age range, we use that information to prevent sending unsuitable material to younger visitors
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary per the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will, therefore, be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- If you have given consent for us to contact you your details will be retained for 12 months unless you request removal or the 12 months have expired;
- Non-identifiable information analytics will be kept for up to 5 years to give us an idea of the history of our site.
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
To protect your security, we use the strongest available browser encryption and store all of our data on servers in secure facilities. All data is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain products/services. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5 when you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and/or at the point of providing your details and by managing your account).
12. Can I Withhold Information?
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data We have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request.”
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything We need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 28 days and, in any case, not more than one month after receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including making a subject access request, please use the following details:
Telephone: (410) 474-9292
Mail: 1870 Paradise View Court, Lusby, Maryland, 20657 USA
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business and/or in a way that affects personal data protection.